REMINDER: NO CRUISE NIGHT ON LABOR DAY, 9/5. HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE ON SEPTEMBER 12.
OUR FIRST CRUISE NIGHT OF 2016 was a huge success! We registered 152 cars on Monday, 5/16. Unfortunately so far this year, we have had to cancel a few cruise nights because the Galloping Hill Inn has scheduled parties on Monday night and then the weather was uncooperative on other nights! As of 8/29, we have 528 cars registered.
George Thomas, owner of the Galloping Hill Inn, has agreed to continue our Monday Night Cruises for 2016, which will begin on Monday, May 16 and run every Monday for 22 weeks (except 7/4 and 9/5) until October 24.
The Galloping Hill Cruisers Car Club is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote the safe enjoyment of all types of vehicles. We celebrated our Club's 25th anniversary in 2013; throughout all these years we have generated and donated funds to worthwhile organizations in our area. Our Club's passion is more than just cars ... we have developed a wonderful relationship with the people at New Jersey Institute for Disabilities (NJID) ... and we will continue to donate to them.
For a mother who has given birth to a baby with special needs, NJID provides a comprehensive early intervention program. The Children's Center offers help and hope to the babies as their families struggle to find answers at this most challenging time. For a child who can neither walk nor speak, the Lakeview School and Treatment Center provides assistive technology, special education, therapeutic and medical services. Through its adult divisions, NJID is making a difference with programs of job training, residential services, counseling, support services and meaningful day programs.
MONDAY CRUISE NIGHT INFORMATION SHEET
1. No outside alcohol is allowed to be consumed on the Galloping Hill Caterers property. ONLY the liquor purchased at the Galloping Hill Caterers is allowed. Failure to follow this rule will jeopardize our host's liquor license and you may be asked to leave.
2. Please patronize our host. They offer many fine foods and beverages at reasonable prices. You may order for take-out or eat in the dining room,
3. Saving parking spaces is NOT allowed. We work on a first come, first served system. However, you may temporarily save a space next to you for a friend ONLY until the lot is full. At that time, the space will be given to another cruiser. We have limited space, so please try to be courteous to everyone.
4. Parking spaces with orange cones are reserved for our Super Sponsors only and the cones are to be moved or removed only by the Galloping Hill Cruisers staff. Our sponsors support our show; please support our sponsors.
5. NO parking in non-lined parking spaces unless directed by the Galloping Hill Cruisers staff.
6. Motorcycles are NOT allowed in the parking lot during the show. This is a show for antique, classic, and collectible cars and trucks ONLY. Motorcycles may park on the public street.
7. We have a great DJ "Hot Rod Mike" at our show. Please refrain from playing loud music during show hours. Mike welcomes requests.
8. This is a family-friendly cruise night. Please refrain from using foul language.
9. Please deposit all trash in one of the many receptacles around the parking lot.
10. Please register your vehicle at the white tent when you arrive. Registration is free. Your registration card is good for the entire season. Please place it on your dashboard or under your wiper to be eligible for a trophy. If you are selected to receive a trophy, please bring your registration card when trophies are presented. Your registration number is also your door prize number. At each subsequent visit, please check in at the registration table. The more times you visit our cruise night, the better chance you have of winning our GRAND PRIZE at the Halloween show.
11. There is no charge for cruisers or spectators. However, this is fund-raising show. We encourage you to contribute to our collection bucket at the registration table or when our members ask for your contribution throughout the evening. Our charity again this year is the NJ Institute for Disabilities (NJID) and the Lakeview School.
12. Please patronize our sponsors as they pay for this show. We have many fine businesses and individuals paying for trophies. Please visit their store or use their services whenever possible.
13. We are here every Monday night starting May 16 (weather permitting). We WILL have a show on Memorial Day, May 30. There will be NO show on July 4 and NO show on September 5. Our Halloween Extravaganza is October 10. Our last cruise of the season will be October 24.
14. Most of all, thank you for supporting the Galloping Hill Cruisers and our charity. Have a good time, be safe, and please tell your friends about us.